Here are 10 simple, easy-to-follow tips you can use in your daily eating that will help you build muscle and get the rock-hard physique you've always wanted.
- Get enough protein - Since protein is the main nutrient responsible for muscle growth, you want to take in at least 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight. So if you weigh 200 pounds, you need at least 200 grams of protein each day. Heavy, intense weight training usually requires an increase in protein consumption, so you may want to shoot for 1.5 grams per pound of body weight.
- Get enough carbs - Your body uses carbs for energy when training. If you don't eat enough carbs, your body will break down muscle tissue for fuel. This will stop your muscle building goals dead in their tracks. Taking in enough carbs during the day will help fuel your workouts and leave your muscle tissue alone.
- Consume healthy fat - Foods containing unsaturated fats, especially monounsaturated fats, are beneficial when trying to build muscle mass. Fish oils, olive oil, flax seed, borage, and CLA help in creating hormones that are used in the muscle building process.
- Drink at least a gallon of water - Water is essential for overall health and well being. Our bodies are made up mostly of water. Keeping it well hydrated helps everything from protein synthesis to digestion. It also helps with vitamin and mineral absorption. If you want your body to operate at its peak, you need to drink at least a gallon of water each day.
- Get enough fiber - Fiber is needed for your body to operate ideally. It helps in the digestion process. Try and get your fiber from complex carbs, fruits, and vegetables. 30 grams of fiber each day is the minimum amount you want to consume.
- Eat more vegetables - Try to get at least 5 to 6 servings of veggies each day. Not only are veggies important for their nutrients like vitamins, but they offer alot of food at a very low calorie total. You can virtually eat all the veggies you want and not worry too much about the calories. Also, veggies offer plenty of bulk and fiber, which can be helpful when processing a high-protein diet.
- Eat fruit - Many bodybuilders are scared to eat fruit because of the sugar content. But fruit is an excellent source of fiber, carbs, antioxidants, and other important nutrients. It's true, too much fruit can add to the sugar and calorie totals for the day, but you're fine by taking in 2 to 3 servings a day.
- Use only proven supplements - Most supplements simply do not work. So instead of trying to find the magic pill, stick with what's proven to work.Use protein, creatine, glutamine, essential fatty acids, and multivitamins. If you work hard in the gym and eat right, supplements will help you. If you skip on the first 2, supplements are a waste of money.
- Eat eggs and fish - Fish is an excellent source of both protein and healthy fats for someone looking to build muscle. Fish like salmon and sardines are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for muscle growth and recovery. Eggs are inexpensive, easy to cook, and can be used in many different ways to increase protein consumption. If you're on a low fat diet, stick with just the egg whites, but if you're trying to bulk up, use the yolks as well.
- Eat 5 to 6 meals each day - Eating often throughout the day helps to provide your body with a steady stream of nutrients it needs to build muscle. Also, eating smaller meals will help speed up your metabolism, so that your body uses the food as energy, not storing it as body fat.
These 10 powerful nutrition tips are both easy to follow and very effective. The more of them you use each day, the more likely you are to build muscle mass.
Article Source: Shawn Lebrun @ http://www.articlerich.com
Learn more about eating and training to build muscle and get the body you've always wanted. Check out fitness trainer and natural bodybuilder Shawn Lebrun's proven muscle building programs: Shawn Lebrun's Muscle Building Programs